Norvell Airbrushes allow you to get “just off the beach” color instantly with no orange or streaking. Each airbrush is customized specifically for you and will last 5 to 7 days. Take a look at this video about Norvell Airbrush.
Here are a few helpful hints to consider before your tanning appointment.
- Although the actual tanning process only takes about 45 seconds, plan on being here for about 10-15 minutes. Most of that time will be spent having someone explain the process and getting dressed and undressed.
- You will need to remove your make up and deodorant before your airbrush tanning session.
- You will need to wait a minimum of 4 hours before showering following your tanning session. This allows time for the solution to develop.
SohoTanSpa’s innovative airbrush tanning treatment uses an air mist delivery system to evenly coat the body in less than three minutes. The procedure is administered by Tampa’s most acclaimed experts in sunless tanning.
Frequently Asked Questions
No you won’t. We won’t let you walk around looking like you rolled around on a bed of Doritos!
Airbrush Tanning is a process in which sunless tanning solution is applied to the body by a trained airbrush technician.
All the components in the airbrush tanning solution can be found in high-end cosmetic products. The key components are: BRONZER, DHA-DIHYDROXYACETONE – The active in most sunless tanning products; MOISTURIZER – We believe we have the finest moisturizer on the market, just ask our customers. It contains 25% Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Alpha Hydroxy acids, and collagen amino acids.
The initial application takes about 15-20 minutes followed by about 5 minutes of drying time. After the initial application, you will need to wait at least four hours before showering to give the tan time to process.
When you prepare your skin right and when you take care of your tan with the correct after tan products, your tan should last up to 10 days never less than a week.
Come into your appointment with clean skin. We recommend a good exfoliation before your appointment. Remove any makeup that you might be wearing, and do not apply any moisturizing lotion to your skin. Wear loose and comfortable clothing. The tanning solution should not stain your clothing, but we recommend wearing clothing that is washable rather than dry clean only.
If you have long hair, bring in a hair tie to hold it up during the application.
Yes. You can choose a shade from light to dark, with bronzer or without. We can also custom blend a formula just for you! After careful evaluation, technicians will vary the shade, depth and color of the tan according to your skin type and preference.
You should wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. We provide paper panties for your convenience, or you can bring in your own bottoms or bathing suit. Many customers go in the nude, however men are required to wear a bathing suit or underwear for full body applications. We will also provide a hair cover and barrier cream for your hands and feet.
The airbrush tan is cosmetic. It used the same basic sunless tanning components as the products being promoted as an alternative to UV-Exposure. The main unique feature of this tan is the way it is applied – with an automated misting process. The active ingredient in self tanning products is dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA has been used in cosmetic preparations for almost 30 years and was listed with the FDA in 1973. It is declared safe and suitable for use in cosmetics and used to color the skin. DHA is derived from glycerin (vegetable origin) which is a commonly used cosmetic and food ingredient. DHA is not absorbed into the body and poses no possibility of toxicity.
Make sure you exfoliate your skin very well before the tanning process and keep your skin well hydrated after your tan. If your skin is not exfoliated well the solution will adhere to dead skin that your body is getting ready to shed and if your skin is not well hydrated that accelerates the natural shedding process of your skin. So those are the reasons why a spray tan looks crackled and splashy.
After Care :
- Avoid showering, rain, sweating, and exposure to water for eight (4) hours.
- Do not wear white clothing for at least 24 hours.
- Do not wear super tight clothing.
- Moisturize entire body twice daily for at least one week.
- Use recommended products to increase duration of the airbrush tan. Avoid any lotion that has mineral oil or petroleum.
- Avoid Jacuzzis, hot tubs, chlorine, and very long hot showers.
- Tanning beds and sunbathing are o.k., but apply sunscreen.
- Pat dry, use a soft towel to dry your skin.